Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 2: Mini painting is torture

Holy shit my neck and shoulders hurt!
I do remember getting a little sore but not like this! Getting old is evil. I think I probably need a better chair. Maybe I'll try moving my computer chair down to my new painting station.
I did some more painting last night and it was quite entertaining. I ended up cutting a bit of the Vallejo brush with a pair of scissors, and it works better now. The eyeliner brush is surprisingly good! I almost finished my Libby from Hasslefree. I'll try to take a picture when I get home.

My blending seems a little rough. I don't know if it's the water around here, but my glazes seem to get a little grainy with heavy dillution. It might be that they are old. I had forgotten how friggin amazing the reaper paints are. The fleshtones are to die for. I need more browns though. Reaper seems to have released more colors so I might order those. And some minis even though I have approx 5 million Reaper miniatures from ReaperCon 2005.

Check out this WIP pic from 2005.


Libby and the kroot and that evil Rackham mini are still WIP four years later!

Søren went online and ordered some stuff from GW. I don't know why I bother with them really, but I wanted to order from somewhere where I knew I'd get my stuff resonably fast. I got some brushes (don't ask why, I honestly don't know) and a few paints (again, don't ask). I wanted to order some minis, but it looks like they've redesigned stuff to make it more ugly. Did they make new deamonettes? I really liked the old elegant ones. Not the old-old ones. The ones from 2003 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment