Monday, June 8, 2009

Mr. Pudsie, still WIP

Mr. Pudsie here is quite a pain. I'm not happy with how the skin turned out. When I paint the next one, I'll switch the order of the highlights and the glazes. I'm having a hard time getting used to the new GW washes. The pigmentation is just weird. It makes it hard to decide if they should be dilluted or not.

I also managed to place a couple of red fingerprints courtesy of Vallejo Red glaze on this little jerk. Good news is that I managed to control my temper and I did not go into a nerd rage because of it. I really must be getting older and wiser.


I'm going to try really, really hard to finish this one up by tomorrow. I have to go on a business trip Wednesday, and I want him to be done by then!

3 comments:

  1. I've been playing around with it a lot too recently, both on army quality miniatures (just to get them painted and off my painting table), and as a guide for highlighting/shading on character models.

    I never dilute the new GW washes - the dried effect relies a lot on the consistency and surface tension in the original mixture, and water tends to muck up the "oily" feel to it. It's a matter of slopping it on with a large brush, and then setting it aside till it is completely dried.

    I'll see if I can get some pics up later today of my own wash experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I see. You basically have to throw it at them. That won't be good for my OCD! I'd love to see some examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I add water to mine sometimes but I think they are better used layered on in thin layers :P

    I have used them in thick layers too on metallic areas to great effect. It all depends on the finish you are after.

    ReplyDelete